Do It Yourself Plant Food
Did you ever question if you could make homemade plant food? Over the years our readers have submitted some of their suggestions for making their preferred homemade plant food. Among my personal favorites is to use Epsom salts. Did you know you can use Epsom salts in the garden too?
After you select the homemade plant food of your choice make sure to have a look at these remarkable water worlds that you can position in your houseplants and they will self water for up to 2 weeks! I require to get me some of these.
On the bag it states that you can spray 2 tbsp. It is likewise great for fertilizing indoor plants.
Homemade Fertilizer for Houseplants
Attempt this Do It Yourself recipe: Once a month, you can water your houseplants with a mix of: 1 tablespoon Epsom Salts , 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. household ammonia, 1 gallon of water.
You can keep the plant food option in an empty gallon sized container and then put as required into your watering can .
* One reader recommended providing houseplants your leftover cold coffee. This works especially well for ivy plants.
* Another approach is to gather eggshells after baking and put them in a glass jar covered with water. Do not put the cover on tight.
Let the eggshells sit for about a month and keep including additional egg shells as you get them. Include more water if required.
Homemade Indoor Plant Food
Dilute it (1 cup egg shell service to 1 gallon plain water) and utilize it to water all of your plants when you are all set to fertilize. Your plants will like it!
* According to another reader, Knox unflavored gelatin is truly helpful for houseplants. They agreed that blending finely crushed rinsed eggshells into your potting soil would provide your houseplants a good boost. The eggshells are a great replacement for bonemeal
* If you have an aquarium, when you alter the water in the tank, use the water you get to water your plants. Your plants will love fish fertilizer!
* One reader once a month pours a can of room temperature level beer into each of her plants. She has had one plant for over 15 years.
* A terrific plant food is regular green tea . Dilute the tea with 2 gallons of water. You can utilize this every time you water. Plants enjoy it.
* Another homemade plant food dish featuring beer is: 1 cup beer, 1 cup epsom salts , 1/2 cup ammonia, and 2 cups water. Use 1/2 oz.
* One last dish is: 1 cup utilized coffee premises, egg shells from 2 eggs (process in coffee grinder), 1/16 oz. ammonia, 1 cup water, 1/8 tsp. Epsom salts .
You can spoon this mix around the base of most flowering plants, other than for African Violets. Do not blend it into the soil, simply let is sit on top if the soil.
More Gardening Ideas & Resources
Don’t forget to have a look at these glass water worlds , they’ll make your watering tasks much simpler!